- Who we are
- What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Who we share your data with
- How long we retain your data
- What rights you have over your data
Who we are
The Digital Automotive website is wholly owned and operated by DLP Publishing LLC.
Website Address: https://digitalautomotive.online
Physical Address: 806 Green Valley Rd Suite 200 | Greensboro, NC 27408
Contact Person: Grant Swaim | firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Various forms are found on the Digital Automotive website. Forms fall into two main categories, as defined below:
These forms allow a site visitor to subscribe to an emailing list. Digital Automotive’s email subscription lists are stored, managed, and secured by Drip. Digital Automotive’s email lists are used to email targeted and relevant educational/promotional material to site users from time to time. Each mailing from Drip includes an unsubscribe link (located at the bottom of the material).
“Contact Us” Forms
Contact forms are found on various pages on the Digital Automotive website. These forms are used to support the communication between site users and the site administrator. Information from these forms are securely stored on Digital Automotive’s web server for up to one year.
Contact forms are also placed within educational products. These forms are used to support the communication between the student and the instructor. Information from these forms are securely stored on Digital Automotive’s web server for up to one year.
Note that information collected from contact forms are not automatically added to Digital Automotive’s email subscription system.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Digital Automotive does not share any personal data with anyone.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (only required if purchasing a product), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile indefinitely. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
What we collect and store
When you purchase a digital product on this site, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, email address, username and password. If you are purchasing a physical product you will also need to provide a shipping address.
We use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account, orders, courses, and memberships
- Communicate with you about courses and memberships that you’re enrolled in
- While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- Process payments and prevent fraud
We generally store your personal and order information as long as you are active on the site, plus 2 years (for your tax and accounting purposes).
We will also store comments or reviews, if you chose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Certain Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Site Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing information.
Course instructors can access your course progress and activities including:
- Enrollment dates for their courses and memberships
- Course progress and status information for their courses
- Quiz and assignments answers and grades for their courses
- Comments and reviews made on their memberships and courses
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds, and support you.
Credit Card Processing (Stripe)
When e-commerce is conducted on the Digital Automotive website, the transaction is handled and processed by Stripe. Credit/debit card information collected on the Digital Automotive website is immediately sent to Stripe using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology. User’s credit/debit card or banking information is never stored on Digital Automotive’s servers. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available. View Stripe’s privacy and security policies for additional information.